Monday, October 7, 2013

Young Love


I was a bridesmaid for the first time this summer. It was such an honour to be a part of the day that my dear friend Malorie married the love of her life, Mr. Zachary DeBruyne.



In Montreal though, when I tell my classmates that I have friends getting married their first question is always, “How OLD are they???” to which I respond, “Oh, 20-21, but we’re from a small Christian community, it’s not uncommon”, to which they respond, “Oh”, with the look of bewilderment still plastered all over their faces.

When I say it's not uncommon, what I mean is that last year even Kinsey and Katie were getting tired of me shouting from my bedroom, “Another engagement!! Another engagement!!” as I scrolled down my Facebook newsfeed which was/is covered in pictures of diamond rings.

All these weddings back home get me thinking about some of the differences between my friends at home and my friends at school. I’m not sure if it’s being at McGill or being in Montreal, probably a combination of the two that make people’s heads spin when I mention marriage at the age of 21. 

I love that my friends are finding love and getting married. I am so happy for them and so proud of them for committing their lives to loving each other with Christ's love. 
“Real love, the Bible says, instinctively desires permanence.”
― Timothy KellerThe Meaning of Marriage: Finding Happiness in Your Most Profound Relationship
Here are some pictures of Mal and Zack’s wedding. It was such a beautiful celebration of God’s work in their lives and I was so blessed to have been involved.











 I also had the pleasure of joining the wedding party on a post-wedding wine tour in September, which was such a blast! Mal and Zack have such an amazing group of friends and I’m so thankful that Mal and Zack brought us all together J









No comments:

Post a Comment